Thursday, November 3, 2011

Its a Tradition

My children know that every year on the morning of their birthday, I have a specially decorated cupcake that I bring up to their room.  I light the candle and sing "Happy Birthday" to them.  (I'm not known for my singing ability)  The kids (and I) like the special few minutes that we have together.  Its cute to see how the others peer in the room, wanting to be a part of the special moment.  Knowing that they have to wait until their birthday, they try to share in their siblings special time.  They are, of course, greeted with, "GET OUT OF HERE!  IT'S NOT YOUR BIRTHDAY!" (they have such love for each other)

Today is Bella's Birthday. 




My little baby is 6 today.   Here she is with her morning birthday cupcake.  Oh, forgot to mention that the birthday person gets to eat the cupcake for breakfast.  Yummm!  (and they don't have to share)   I don't think anyone has shared.  Again, there's that family love.  :)

Bella helped decorate her cake





Time does go quickly.  If you blink, you might miss something.  And with kids, you don't want to miss anything.  Best to savor life one bite at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment