Friday, November 17, 2023

Vegan Diaries - Restaurants

 I feel like times are changing for the better for vegans.  More information is out there and more people are interested in veganism.  I am also finding that more restaurants are waking up trying to cater to the vegan customers.

I remember starting my vegetarian journey.  We would go on vacation and there would be little to no options for me to eat.  The "little" options the restaurants had would be a side salad.  Basically, iceberg lettuce and maybe a tomato or cucumber slice tossed in for fun.  Everyone is ordering a meal while I'm trying to slowly eat a tiny bowl of lettuce salad.  Of course, that was over ten years ago.

Today, some restaurants are accommodating the vegetarians and vegans of the world with a couple of options.  Hey, I know it's not a full menu, but it is certainly progress.  

I think it's great that there are more people out there trying this type of diet and pleased that the restaurants are embracing this opportunity to offer a vegan meal option.

No comments:

Post a Comment