Friday, August 14, 2020

Karen Stories

 It's that time, kids.  Time for me to share a lovely experience that I have had with a Karen.

I honestly didn't believe that there were that many Karens in the world.  I also thought I would only encounter them at work.  Little did I know that Karens take vacations.

I encountered this Karen a couple of weeks ago at a restaurant.  Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, the restaurant had a limited menu:  pizza and salads.  We ordered a pizza and a couple of salads.

As we were waiting for our meal to arrive, we engaged in some small talk.  Well, also, we were eavesdropping on other peoples conversations.  Particularly the people behind RT. 

Apparently, they ordered a pizza and were told it would be out in 45 minutes.  The time had passed and they were still waiting.  In fact, another table got their food and they ordered after this couple.  Karen  The woman was doing all of the complaining  talking.  Here husband was just sitting there, silent.

Karen asked the waitress about the pizza, and, of course, went into all the lengthy details about waiting.  The waitress came back and apologized and said that it would be out shortly.  Karen couldn't leave it alone and continued her tirade while the husband sat quietly.  When the waitress left their table, Karen yelled at her husband for not saying anything.  The did receive their food.  And, then the b    ill came.  Karen went into action and did not want to pay for a second topping (she had two toppings on her pizza).  She did not want to pay the $2.00 for the extra topping (yes, $2.00 and she had two toppings).  The waitress said that she would pay it.  Karen wasn't having that.  She wanted it removed from the bill.  The waitress said that she would pay the entire bill (just to shut her up).  The waitress was in tears.  Karen wasn't letting up.  I couldn't take it much more so I reached in my wallet and gave the waitress $5 to pay for their topping.  I even apologized that Karen made her cry.  I'm sorry that I didn't say something to Karen.

Hey, if you go out to eat, expect that it's going to cost money.  And, to get in an argument with a waitress over $2.00?  And, the waitress, who probably makes less than minimum wage, offers to pay your bill and you still yell at her?  Maybe you should just stay home.  If you stay home, I think you (and the rest of the world) will be a lot happier if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment