Monday, November 11, 2019

What are you wearing?

Have you ever thought about what you are wearing?

I bet both of you  all of you have stopped reading this post and are taking a good, long look at what you are wearing right now.

Hmm...Pants.  Okay.  Shirt.  Good.  Everything is covered.  Socks?  Yes.

Now, what if I said that I think you are just looking at the surface.  And, no, I"m not referring to the idea that you should mention any undergarments  unmentionables.  How about this...Why did you choose those clothes to put on today?

I'm sure some would reply,

"Well, they were clean"    or

"It's laundry day and this is all I could find to wear."     or

"They matched."

I feel some people put a little too much thought into what they are wearing.  Sure, you do have to dress for the occasion.  Certain clothes are worn to a wedding while others are best suited for a funeral.  And, of course, there are clothes that you wear in the summer that you would not put on when it's -20F.

What I mean to say is, people have different reasons on what they choose to wear.  A lot of people dress to impress others.  Some even feel that they have to be wearing the latest styles.  Some wear a color to represent their mood.

"I'm wearing blue because I'm feeling blue (sad)."

I'm wearing all black to channel my inner Johnny Cash  to express my love of Goth. "

And, of course there are those people who opt for comfort.  Either the clothing itself is comfortable (think big, baggy sweatpants or sweatshirts) or it's their favorite (shirt, pants) to wear and it makes them feel good or someone special gave me this shirt and it makes me think of them.

So, I will rephrase my question, why did you decide to put those clothes on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment