Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Favorite Meal

The holidays are here and the kids (well, two of them) are making their way back home to celebrate.

Prior to Alex's return home, he called me to see how things were going.  He was finishing up a paper and was taking a break before starting the next one.  The paper was due the next day and he was coming home the following day.  He mentioned how he wasn't eating real healthy meals.  Yea, he went back to his old standby, the frozen pizza.  He was in a food rut and was looking forward to eating a good meal.

I had the bright idea of making Alex his favorite meal for dinner when he returned home, so, I asked him, "What should I make for dinner?"

Well, I have to say, I was shocked at his response.  I mean, I expected (and hoped) for (at least) one favorite meal....maybe two.  What I didn't expect was the long list of favorite meals he started rattling off.

Chicken Fried Rice
Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Broccoli
Home made Pizza

The list went on...

Pasticho
Mediterranean Stuffed Shells
Manicotti

and on and on....

I don't always get feedback from the kids about the meals that I cook.  I mean, I know they eat what I make, and know that it disappears (sometimes quickly).  I guess it made me happy that they happily remember the meals and even better, they have more than one favorite meal that I cook.

So, what did I make for dinner?

I picked the Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Broccoli.  I know it's a crowd pleaser and will disappear quickly.  Since Alex will be home for awhile, I will incorporate the favorites that he mentioned, over the course of the next several weeks.

By the way, all the recipes that I mentioned, can be found under my "Recipes" tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment