Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Friends Themed Birthday Party

"So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month or even your year.."
The Rembrandts

Celebrated Bella's birthday with a Friends themed party.  I didn't have a ton of time to plan this party because Bella decided on having a party and on the theme on a Sunday, with the party happening that Saturday.

Luckily, I'm pretty good under pressure.  Especially with a good theme (and Pinterest).    These ideas were taken from various places on Pinterest.  There's so much you can do with this theme.  And, the show is pretty popular, even though it's been over for quite a few years. (Thanks to Netflix)

I started with the photo back drop, because, you always need a good background for your snap chat photos.



All you need are two black plastic table cloths (I got mine from the dollar store).
I made the Friends bunting.  Pretty simple.  White paper, scissors and black marker.  I also cut some dots from construction paper so it looks like the "Friends" logo.
To go along with this, we had a gold picture frame (similar to the one around the peep hole in Monica's apartment) to be used to frame you and your friends in your photo.

We also had the show, Friends, playing in the background.  Some of the girls never saw the show.  They did sit and watch a little of the show when they first got to the party.

"I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour
I'll be there for you,  like I've been there before
I'll be there for you, 
cause you're there for me too"







I made a few posters for the walls.   All you need are a few poster boards, some markers and, well, get coloring!

"The One Where Bella Turns 14."  If you are a Friends fan you know that is how they title their episodes.

"How you doin'?"  The line that Joey always uses.

"I'll be there for you"  Part of the "Friends" theme song.

You're still in bed at ten and work began at eight.
You've burned your breakfast so far things are going great
Your mother warned you there'd be days like these
But she didn't tell you when the world has brought you down to your knees.




If you remember the show, Rachel worked at Central Perk Coffee House.  That's where the gang hung out (if they weren't hanging out in Monica's apartment).  I used the logo and made little decorations for cupcakes (note the colors on the cupcake are the colors in the "Friends" logo).  Just for fun, I added the logo to some "To Go" coffee cups so the girls could have hot chocolate.



"I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour
I'll be there for you,  like I've been there before
I'll be there for you, 
cause you're there for me too

No one could ever know me, no one could ever see me
Seems you're the only one who knows what it's like to be me
Someone to face the day with, make it through all the rest with
Someone I'll always laugh with
Even at my worst, I'm best with you"




Made little goody bags for the girls to take home after the party.  I attached a "Friends" logo to the bag that was filled with fun goodies.  I also made Phoebe's grandmas famous cookie recipe that she got from her French friend, Nestle Toulouse (a.k.a. Nestle Tollhouse).



I think the party was a success!  Another party in the bag.

Oh, and the best part?  Bella got her very own nail clippers for her birthday.  My clippers are still in the witness protection program.  I'm hoping they can be released soon.  (If you're new here, you should probably read this post)

"I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour
I'll be there for you,  like I've been there before
I'll be there for you, 
cause you're there for me too."

No comments:

Post a Comment