Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Parents

Not sure how to title this post.

Our house has always been a hang out house for my kids and their friends.  I like when friends visit.  I can meet these new friends and get to know them.  The majority of these kids feel so welcome at our house and enjoy talking and joking with us (I'm surprised they haven't moved in!).

Bella has made some new friends this year.  I encourage her to invite her friends over.  I have met a couple of the parents.  I have noticed that these (few) parents are the only ones who are active in their child's life.  I realize that they have been through all of this before with their older children.  But, don't you want to know who is hanging out with your child?

My children are my life.  I love hanging out with them.  Sure.  They can drive me crazy.  They know which buttons to push or just what to say or do to bother me.  But, I know they feel the same way (like to hang out with us).  < Well, obviously not for long periods of time.

I guess I'm surprised when I hear kids say they don't hang out with their parents.  And, this is when they are at our house, chit chatting with RT and/or myself.

I guess I should feel honored that these kids like to hang out at our house.  At least I know who is hanging out with my children.   I'm glad that these friends feel comfortable at our house and enjoy talking with us.  I hope that we are providing a good example for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment