Friday, February 22, 2019

Vegan Diaries - Red Lentil Tomato Soup

Haven't done a Vegan Diaries in awhile.

Bella wasn't feeling well the other day and I thought I would break this recipe out.  It's been awhile since I last made this soup and was hoping it was as good as I remembered.

Tomato + some beans (for protein) = a great bowl of soup!

Try it and let me know what you think!

Here's the recipe:

Red Lentil Tomato Soup

ingredients:
2 TBSP Olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp cumin
1/2 cup red lentils
2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 28oz can crushed tomato
Cilantro, chopped (garnish)

directions:
Heat oil and cook onion and garlic.
Add cumin and red lentils.
Pour in broth and bring to a boil.  Simmer for 15 minutes or until lentils are soft.
Add crushed tomato and bring to a boil.  Turn heat down and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment