Friday, December 28, 2018

Retail Problems

The scary thing is, these could just be a regular post around here.  I'm sure I could write quite a few from my experiences over the years.  Not sure if I'll keep it around, some of these stories, though, are priceless, and should be shared.

This one is from holiday time (within the last few weeks).

I was ringing out a customer, she only had one small item.  She was so excited about the store and said she was coming back to do more shopping.  I told her the total of her purchase.  She said she didn't want a bag for the item.  She takes out her money, then turns and coughs right onto it, then hands it to me.

If you could see my face when this all happened, I wouldn't need to write anything else.  My face would explain everything.  

The thoughts going through my head.

I could just quit right there.  Walk out.  Explain that I couldn't touch money that was coughed on.  I'm sure everyone would understand.

I could just go get my wallet and pay for the item myself.  It was about $5, and I wouldn't have to touch the infected money.  Well worth it, in my opinion.

I could take the money and bathe in hand sanitizer after she leaves.

I went with Door #3.  Take the money and then bathe in hand sanitizer.

As I'm giving her change, she tells me that she is now heading to the Emergency Care.

After washing up in the bathroom, I completely immersed myself in the huge bottle of hand sanitizer.

Yea.  You can't make this stuff up, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment