Monday, September 17, 2018

Pokemon

I'm sure you have heard of Pokemon.  There are Pokemon cards, clothes, and even a Pokemon App.  My boys were into Pokemon cards starting in Preschool.  The fad for them didn't last really long.  They did, however, collect  millions  thousands of cards.  Yea.  I didn't cross out thousands because between the two of them, I'm sure we have at least a thousand cards.  To top it off, RT was given a huge collection by one of his bosses (during that time).  The Pokemon collection belonged to their sons, who were older than our boys.

I never threw out the boys cards.  You see, I learned by the mistake my Mom made many years ago.  My Mom threw out both of my brother's baseball card collections.  They had tons of cards.  I should know.  My Dad would take us out for candy and I would get a package of baseball cards, keep the gum and give the cards to my brother.   P.S.  The gum was the worst.  I think it was stale.

Anyway, after hearing about that, and how some of those cards could have been worth money, I decided to just save my kids Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

One night, we happened to be watching "Pawn Stars."  A guy was selling his Pokemon cards.  The story was:  He got into Pokemon when his kids were interested.  The kids lost interest, but he kept at it.  Apparently he had a lot of cards with a total value of $9-11,000.  He was going to use it to help pay for his kids' college.

Well, bells started going off.  I said, "You know?  The boys still have their cards and I think they have some good ones.  Maybe we can sell some and pay for college?"

RT started doing research on the cards.  After hours of research, it's scary that he knows so much about Pokemon and Pokemon cards.  He will disappear in the basement for hours researching and looking through cards.  He even went through the boys rooms and the attic and found all of the cards.  Although, he believes Nick is hiding some cards in his room.  It has come to the point where I never see RT and when I do, he spouts things about Pokemon.  He's even out buying more cards!  He's become obsessed!  It's almost like having a little kid who wants to buy more and Pokemon cards.

He has just started to list some.  Let's hope that they sell and we are able to pay for college.

Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment