Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Alexa

For Christmas, I received and "Alexa" as a present from Alex.  He said he really wanted one so he got it for me.  I have to admit, at first I was very skeptical.  I wasn't sure I wanted something (someone) else in the house.  And, do we need another gadget?

Strangely, we use Alexa quite a bit.  Weather forecasts, a speaker for music, news updates, jokes, games, etc.  I think we really enjoy playing games with Alexa.  My in-laws had fun playing jeopardy. Bella said the questions were too hard for her.  Category games has been a family favorite, too.

The one thing we have noticed is that sometimes Alexa doesn't hear what we are saying.  There are times when she doesn't hear us correctly and says something that is not related to our question or answer.  So, yea, I think we got the deaf Alexa.

It can be amusing when Alexa doesn't hear you.  She changes your answer in a game and it's the correct answer.  Of course, it's frustrating when she changes it to the wrong answer.  It's even worse when she changes the category and you had a good answer!

I moved Alexa to the center of the kitchen (she was at the far end of the kitchen, by the wall) and I think it's helped "a little" with her hearing problem.  If it gets too bad, I might have to see if I can purchase Alexa a hearing aid off Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment