Friday, November 3, 2017

Vegan Diaries - Energy Bites

I mentioned that I was looking for vegan dessert options.  I'm not sure where I found this recipe.  I tried it (it's REALLY easy to make) and it was a huge hit.  And, the best part?  You don't have to bake them!  

Don't blame me if you get hooked on them.

Here's the recipe:

Energy Bites

ingredients:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup agave
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup oats
2/3 cup toasted, shredded coconut*
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
6 TBSP mini chocolate chips 

directions:
In  a bowl, mix peanut butter, vanilla and agave.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Chill until set.
Shape into 1 inch balls.
Store in container in the refrigerator.


*I put the shredded coconut in the food processor so it didn't have big chunks of coconut sticking out.  I also used unsweetened coconut.

**Feel free to substitute honey for the agave.  Also feel free to add less honey or agave.


If you try making the Energy Bites, let me know what you think! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment