Monday, November 13, 2017

Hoarders Anonymous

I've mentioned RT's hoarding problem in previous posts.

This past weekend, I asked everyone in the house to go through their clothes and shoes and get rid of items that don't fit (or items they do not wear).  As the seasons change, I find it's a great time for closet cleaning.  This way, we can find out what everyone needs to get through the next season.  And, it's only one trip to the store, which makes it a lot easier for me.

I asked RT to go through his clothes (he has millions of pairs of jeans) and shoes (I don't have an exact number, because I can't count that high).

Apparently, this was a success.  I got both RT and Bella to go through their things.  (Nick and Alex did go through their clothes last month, so, I wasn't too worried about them).  RT narrowed his jean collection.  He went through some coats and shirts and told me that he found some napkins.  He admits he has a problem and agrees to seek out help.

The only area that wasn't touched?  RT's shoes.  He said that he got rid of two pairs.  There are millions and millions of pairs of shoes in this collection.  I know that I should look at this as a good start.  The only problem is, it's just that.  A start.  I have a feeling that those shoes are going to be around a LONG time.  They might even need their own storage facility so we can display them.  We can build it right next to the one that will hold all of the napkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment