Sunday, January 29, 2017

Vegetarian Diaries - Black Beans and Spanish Rice

I have been working a lot of weekends.  It's kind of a pain because I get home late and it's dinner time.  It's hard to come home after a long boring day at work and quickly think of something to make for dinner (that everyone wants to eat).  I think my kids could live on pizza and spaghetti every night.  I prefer a little variety.

One night, I came home, looked in the pantry and decided we were having Black Beans and Spanish Rice.  I have never made this dish.  I don't have a recipe.  And I used only three ingredients from my pantry.

I have to say, I was a little nervous about the outcome.  Would it taste good?  Would everyone like the dish?  Would I have to throw it all out and make peanut butter sandwiches?

I guess this is where I say that it was a success.  (I mean, why would I write about it if it wasn't?)  In fact, the pot was completely empty!  This meal got rave reviews from my family and it's super easy to make!  I thought I would share it in case you have a crazy day and need a quick meal to prepare for dinner.


Black Beans and Spanish Rice

1 cup rice
1 8oz can Spanish Tomato Sauce
1 15oz can Black Beans, drained, rinsed

Cook rice according to directions.

Once rice is cooked, add Spanish Tomato sauce and Black Beans and mix.

Warm up and Serve.



I served this with chopped up sweet peppers and shredded cheese.  You can add chopped green onions or cilantro.  Maybe a little sour cream (or plain yogurt).

You can substitute the rice with faro.


If you make Black Beans and Spanish Rice, let me know how it turned out.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment