Friday, January 20, 2017

The Case of the Missing Walkman

Yea, I wrote walkman in 2017.

Alex has been using a CD walkman at night to listen to music before bed.  As Nick put it, "It's 2017, don't you have an app on your phone for music?"

The CD Walkman was purchased in the '90's, I think.  Nick used it for awhile, and now Alex has been using it.

Until it went missing.......

Alex did an investigation.  Nick said he hasn't seen it since he used it back in Junior High.  Bella said she doesn't have it.  Nick said that RT probably took it.

This investigation is taking place at 9:45pm, while RT and I are watching a movie.  We are towards the end of the movie when Alex walks in and tells us about the stolen missing walkman.   RT told him to listen to music off his phone.  Alex wants the CD player because he's listening to a CD (that I'm sure can be found in it's entirety on any music app).  I think it came down to, "Who stole it?"

I went upstairs to launch an investigation look for the walkman.  If you saw the state of the plaintiffs room, you would understand why I started my search in that location.  The plaintiff Alex said he already searched his entire room for the walkman.  Of course, "searching" in our house is the equivalent of a quick scan of the room.  I started to move things and was told to stop.  He said it didn't matter.  I said, if it was that important to interrupt the last 10 minutes of a movie, it must be pretty serious.

The one suspect person of interest I interrogated questioned stated that she did not take the walkman. This same suspect person of interest, has been begging to get a CD player (Welcome back, '90's!).  I'm not sure what the excitement about CD's is all about, since (I thought) all of us listened to a music app.  This suspect person was getting quite upset and appeared guilty, but, I stopped my line of questioning so she could consult her lawyer before the tears started rolling in.

I'm not sure if my family is going retro and listening to CD's only?  What's next?  Vinyl records?  8 tracks?

I think this story also tells you about the valuables that we have in our house.  Who else can say that they have a CD Walkman and that they actually use it?  It's an antique!  So,  it very well could have been stolen!

Someone walked into our house, straight upstairs to the plaintiff's Alex's room and went through all of his dirty clothes on his floor and picked out this CD Walkman.

The plaintiff Alex decided to let it go (for now).  I will have to launch a thorough investigation when all parties are off location.

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment