Thursday, June 26, 2014

Purse Commitments

So I was talking to a coworker the other day. She was telling me how her daughter has had the same purse since she went off to college.   The purse is getting really worn and has holes in it.  (hmm, sounds familiar)  She told her daughter to buy another purse.  Her daughter said that she liked the one that she has and can't part with it.

 See, I'm not the only one with purse commitment issues!

The coworker bought her daughter a purse for Christmas and the daughter is using that purse all of the time now.  The coworker said she wishes her daughter would buy another purse and switch them once in awhile.

I tried to explain that some of us have commitment issues when buying purses.  I explained that it took me 10 years to finally break down and commit to buy a purse. *  I told her to be patient and maybe her daughter will come around and finally buy another purse.  The fact that she is using the purse that she bought her is a good sign.  If anything, she can buy her daughter another purse for her birthday (or Christmas) since she is okay with her purchases.

*By the way, it has been a couple of months now and I'm still using the same (new) purse.  I like it.  RT said that I should get another one.  I haven't started looking yet.  I figure I have 10 years to look, why start now?




No comments:

Post a Comment