Thursday, June 5, 2014

I hate Ironing

I don't think there is an explanation needed.

Does anyone enjoy ironing?

I remember my mom would let me iron.  Little things.  Well, mainly my Dad's hankerchiefs (they were clean.....I hope?)  I think she was preparing me for a life of ironing.  Trying to get me to love it.  She never liked doing it.  Maybe she wanted me to take over her ironing?

I work with a couple of people that say they do not own an iron.  I don't think I would survive without an iron.  I have to hang a lot of clothes.  Good for the environment and good for my marriage.  <I'm married to a tall guy.  Hard to find tall man's clothes.  When clothes shrink (if they are not a tall size), they shrink in length, not width.  I learned this the hard way when we first got married.  Now, I have tall kids, so I just hang a lot of clothes.   Saves on my dryer and benefits the environment.

Some of the clothes that I hang need a little touch up with the iron.  (it's the hanger's (the person hanging the clothes) fault)  If you just pull them out of the washer and hang them, they will be wrinkled.  You have to give them a little shake.  Sometimes I'm in a hurry and forget.  That's where the trusty iron comes in and saves the day.

I can only iron about 5 or 6 things at one time.  Any more and it pushes me over the edge.  I try to stay on top of it otherwise there is an ironing pile up.

Today I had to iron Alex's clothes for graduation and thought I would share with everyone how much I hate ironing.

No comments:

Post a Comment