Friday, April 26, 2024

Hot Cross Buns

 I realized I should have posted this a couple of Fridays ago or wait a couple more weeks for Orthodox Good Friday.

Well, here we go.

While cleaning, one child found his recorder and decides to give it a whirl.  What song does he play?

Hot Cross Buns.

If you have kids, you know that, "Hot Cross Buns," is one of the songs they teach you when you start playing the recorder. 

Each child went through the recorder phase.  Learning how to play, "Hot Cross Buns."  I can't tell you how many times I heard that song played on a recorder in my lifetime.  I heard that song so much that I found myself humming the tune.  Sometimes I couldn't fall asleep at night because I had the song playing over and over in my head.  I couldn't wait until the recorder unit was over.

While this child was playing, the youngest child found her recorder and joined the concert.

They have now formed a band and will be touring.  It's a one song set.  Check your local venues.  Definitely something you won't want to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment