Sunday, April 21, 2024

Moving

Moving.  Something I never experienced growing up.

I've moved twice in my lifetime.  Both times weren't that bad because I didn't have a lot of stuff.  Now, three kids and twenty seven years later we made the difficult decision to move.   Large home with no kids and high taxes.   It's a smart decision.  At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Going through items (not just my stuff) and trying to figure out what to keep and what to toss is very stressful.  I have been leaning towards the "toss" side.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

I have sent many "snaps" to my kids with photos with, "Do you want this?"  If I don't get a response right away, I ask again.  There might be an angry, yelling snap in there somewhere and eventually the item gets tossed in the garbage.

I think my kids avoid me and my messages.  They want the stuff but don't have the space.

I do have to say I came to a point where I thought it would be a lot easier to just torch the place.  Or, even better, so we still have a house to sell, make a pile in the yard and have a HUGE bonfire.

After going through stuff, I feel everyone should have to move every five years.  That way you don't accumulate so much shi# stuff.  

I think this has been a huge learning experience (well, I haven't moved yet, just got the house prepped for photos and showings).  I'm in a holding pattern because I don't want to make a mess.  I haven't killed anyone (yet).  Although I have come pretty close a few times.

I do feel that I have learned something from this nightmare experience.  Arson Bonfires are the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment