Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 - A Year in Review

 I can't believe it's New Year's Eve!  The year just flew by!  That means it's time for us to review all of the scary interesting things we experienced this year on A Scary Journey Inside My Life. 

 We discovered some fun, interesting National Month holidays to celebrate
Learned from my retail stories that there are some really, scary strange people out there
Discovered that I am a weed-a-holic (that's dandelion weeds, not, well, you get my drift)
Found out that Chicago had the worst air quality in the world this summer (I gotta get out of here!)
Sent my blog into a kerfluffle when we learned some new words.  I know that I am looking forward to seeing the snollygosters in the next year.  How about you?
Went on a little dental journey.
Learned about the neighborhood informant. The one who knows everyone's business.
How I learned to keep my car on empty, so no one wants to drive it.
My two days nightmare of driving to the airport
After all of these years I finally had to break down and buy some dental floss
I got witnessed by mail.
Had a little history lesson of the Monotonous, I mean the Monopoly game tokens
And, reminisced on our little holiday tradition, "Night before night."

RT got in there with his hip surgery in February.  
We also learned that the Bluetooth on my car refers to him as, "Retweet."

Oh, and then there were some interesting stories with My Weird Dog Pippen

My weird dog turned 11 this year
With aging comes aches and pains in the legs, eyesight going and sometimes the hearing isn't all there.
How Pippen spent spring break at home 
Pippen's fear of bubbles
Pippen goes to the vet 
Get's his teeth cleaned
We find out that Pippen loves cooked green beans
How he was forgotten outside at night and decided he wanted back in at 3am
How Halloween is a big day of protection for Pippen, and of course, there is the long recovery

We made a few new meals/snacks/desserts:
and
Peanut Butter Banana Pupcakes (for the puppy in your life)

Let's not forget that we celebrated twelve long frightening scary years on A Scary Journey Inside My Life.  Thanks again for sticking around.  

Cheers to another scary year!

No comments:

Post a Comment