Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Auto Correct

 I have a love/hate relationship with auto correct.  I have it turned on my phone because I like to type fast.  I would like to think after all of these years of hanging out with me, Auto Correct would know me and know exactly what I am trying to write in my texts.  And, because I'm typing so fast, I make a few mistakes and Auto Correct jumps in and says, "I have your back."  I mean, that's what friends do, right?

My downfall is the trust that I have in my "friend."  Sometimes I'm trying to get information to someone quickly and I don't have time to proofread what I am typing.  And why should I?  My best friend should have my back and know exactly what I want to say.  Instead, my friend corrects my typing by putting in words that don't belong in my sentences.  After I hit send, I read my text and realize it doesn't make sense.  I begin to realize that my "friend" has not taken any English/grammar classes and is just tossing in random words, changing the tense of a word or completely changing the words altogether.  My texts look like I was drinking too much when I sent them.

It's time to sober up friend auto correct.  Get yourself to an AA meeting an English class and start changing your ways!

Do you use auto correct on your phone?

Do your texts look like you've had too much to drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment