Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Rare American Collections and Sports Memorabilia

 With the holiday season soon approaching, it's time to start thinking about what gifts to get each of my loved ones.  RT has got to be the most difficult person to buy a gift for   It's difficult to find that perfect present for RT.   Ask him to give you some ideas and you will get,  “I’ll be happy with whatever you get me.”    So I usually end up buying a bag of chocolate, a couple of chocolate bars and some fancy cheese. 

This year, I wanted to steer away from the food (we don't need an expanding waist band) and do something different.  RT has a collection of sports memorabilia, including some autographed jerseys and photographs.  Maybe I could get him a special item to add to his collection?  I did a little investigation.  Over dinner (and a few drinks) I asked him about the memorabilia he currently has, about his favorite team and players and which players and what items he might want to add to his collection.  It may have seemed out of the blue to him.  It's early so I don't think I gave away my plan of buying him a Christmas present.

RT likes our local Chicago teams:  Bears, Bulls and Cubs (good thing, since we live here).  Oh, and anything from the Chicago Bears Super Bowl Team of 1985.  He was looking for some autographed photos of the lesser known players, like Gary Fencik.  I have to stay within budget an I know how some of this autographed sports merchandise can get very expensive.  I did a quick little Google search and found this sports memorabilia website called Rare American Collections.  They had exactly what I was looking for and more!  They hgave a wonderful selection of autographed football photos and jerseys, including several autographed photos of Gary Fencik.  And, the prices were very reasonable.  They also have some really helpful information about what to look for when buying autographed memorabilia including how to make sure that the signature is authentic (and not a fake). 

I'm so glad Rare American Collections had such a great selection.  I can now cross RT off my gift list.  OK, maybe after I buy him some chocolate.

Do you have any sports fans on your Christmas list?  Check out Rare American Collections for some great gift ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment