Friday, October 29, 2021

My Weird Dog - Gets High

 A few posts back I wrote about my weird dog  Pippen and his pine needlevacation.  If you recall, I mentioned his car anxiety problem and how enjoyable it was to have him in my back seat.  We decided to take another road trip (with Pippen).  I said I was not getting into the car with a weird  nervous dog for four hours, so I had to find a solution.

After talking to several dog owners, I purchased some CBD (for dogs).  On the way out for vacation, we put the CBD on some bread.  The bottle said it takes about 30 minutes to kick in.  Well, that was a lie.  We dealt with heavy panting for the majority of the ride.  I think Pippen finally calmed down the last half hour.

I was thinking about the return ride home the entire week and how I could make it go smoother.  (Maybe hitch a ride with someone else?)   You know, less heavy breathing.  I decided to put the CBD directly into Pippen's mouth and see how that works.  

Yes.  That's how CBD oil works.  I'm not sure why we put it on food.  And, prying open Pippen's mouth is a story in itself.  I was successful, with help from Bella.  I do have to say that this time I gave him more than his first dose.

I did not realize how quickly it would kick in.  Pippen sat up facing the back of the car and stared out the window.  He looked over at Bella and she said to lay down.  He fell towards her and didn't move for awhile.  I thought I might have killed my dog  help my dog to OD.  He was still breathing and he was very calm on the drive back home.  He did sit up and stare at Bella's shoulder for 10 minutes.  

I think he is looking forward to his next trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment