Wednesday, October 20, 2021

My Weird Dog - Vacation Edition

 My weird dog  Pippen went with us on vacation this summer.  Its been awhile since his last vacation down to the Smokey Mountains when he was three.  You might recall that ended in the ghetto van  my van dying and Pippen riding in it while it was towed (he has never recovered from that experience).

RT and Pippen headed up to Michigan together.  I asked RT to send me photos of Pippen enjoying his getaway.  This was cute until I get a phone call from RT,  "Tell your dog to get out of the car!"  There I am, at work, sweet talking my baby  dog trying to coax him out of the car.  Fortunately I was successful.

I guess I forgot to mention the reason Pippen was in the car.  Apparently he was loose (off leash/chain) and started wandering the neighborhood.  RT thinks that Pippen was trying to escape  find me.  

Pippen did enjoy his vacation (once I arrived).  He liked to be outside laying on top of the pine needles and hanging out in the closet under the stairs.  We started to call the closet, "Pippen's Room."  I think he has plans to redecorate.

I was the lucky one to drive Pippen home.  I'll set the scene.  It's 90F and my a/c doesn't work that great.  The ride back was much longer due to traffic and construction.  It was about 100F inside my car.  Someone  Pippen decided to pant (breathe heavily) in my back seat.  After 3 hours of dealing with the child  Pippen, I called RT, who was a few cars ahead of me.  At the rest area, Pippen hopped into RT's car and went to sleep.  Amazingly, my car cooled off.

I think Pippen enjoyed his vacation, but is happy to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment