Monday, September 20, 2021

Feel The Burn

 My garden has been going a little crazy these last days of summer.  Well, mainly the peppers.  

RT will tell you how much he enjoys poblano peppers.  We added one more plant this year and now have a total of three poblano plants in our garden.  We add these peppers to salsa and various dishes.  When there is an excess (which there usually is) I chop them and freeze them so they can be used in future recipes.  The only problem I run into is a bad burning sensation on my hands.   This isn't anything new for me.  I have the same experience when chopping jalapenos.  (Can you tell that I am the main pepper chopper in the house?)  I do have to remind myself not to touch any body parts.  

Yesterday, after chopping a dozen or so poblano peppers, my hand was burning.  I thought I would try one of the home remedies online to lessen the burn.  I was quite surprised that it worked.  

If you ever find yourself in this situation after chopping dozens of peppers, put some rubbing alcohol onto a cotton ball and wipe down your hand(s).  This removes the oils from the skin.  (do not soak your skin in the rubbing alcohol)  Then wash your hands using dish detergent.

No comments:

Post a Comment