Wednesday, November 21, 2018

What's that smell?

Bella had a few friends over for a sleepover.   The next morning, when I returned from my walk, I noticed an odor as I was walking into the house.  This awful smell greeted me.  I immediately went to the kitchen, thinking it had to be the garbage.  Unfortunately (or fortunately?), it wasn't the garbage.  I searched the family room, thinking it may have come from the dog.

RT, sitting comfortably in the dining room, said that it's probably coming from the basement.

Me:  What smells in the basement?

RT:  It's probably the girls.

Now, if it was Alex and his friends sleeping over, a nasty  gross  bad smell coming from the basement wouldn't surprise me.  But, with a few girls, who probably showered prior to coming over and who believe in smelly body sprays, I found this hard to believe.  RT said, You know, girls, sitting around, farting all night.  RT was convinced the smell was coming from one or all of the girls.

Once the girls left, I searched and thought the smell was coming from the laundry room.  I couldn't pinpoint where the smell was, but I had a few ideas.  RT did some investigating and found the source.  A problem with our sump pump.  Apparently something froze and there was a little back up that was causing the smell.

I asked Bella about the smell.  She said it was pretty bad.  I told her about RT's thoughts on the source.  She wasn't too happy that RT thought her friends came over and they sat around and farted the whole time.

Yea.  This girl stuff is a little new to RT.  I'm sure he'll figure it out.  Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment