Monday, November 5, 2018

The TV

We aren't your typical crazy TV house.  You know, the ones where there's a TV in every room and they are all turned on at the same time, but different stations?  We are a two TV household.

We got the TV that's in the basement when the boys were little.  Still works.  Our other television is a hand me down.  My in-laws got a new TV and gave us their old one.  Perfect timing, because we just got rid of our old one.  It seemed like it was in good condition.  Well, except if the volume was turned up to 54, then it sounded tinny.  But, we don't turn the volume up that loud, so, we were good.

About 6 months ago, the television started acting a little strange.  If you want to watch it, it would take a few minutes to turn on.  It goes through a series of turning on/off.  Sometimes the screen is all black, sometimes it's green.  And sometimes it makes a really loud noise.  That usually gets Pippen's attention.

About a week ago, the whole turn on ritual, that was about two minutes, turned into a ten minute ritual.  At one point, I asked RT, "What if it just decides to give up?  Will it say, "I give up."  or "I can't do this anymore." ?  He replied it's now a battle of wills.  Who will give in first?

Obviously not us.

We now have to turn the TV on a half hour before we want to watch a show.  Yes.  It takes that long for it to go through it's little song and dance  cycle.  Good thing that watching television isn't a matter of life or death.  We wouldn't be around very long.

I came home yesterday from work and the television was on.  RT said, "I just left it on all day so I wouldn't have to wait for it to turn on."

I think at this point, my money is on the television.

No comments:

Post a Comment