Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mr. Last Minute

Or, maybe this should be titled, "I didn't forget."

Or

"I've put in a lot of thought and time."

I think I mentioned several posts back about RT and his last minute-ness (I'm sure that's a word).  You know, buying gifts and cards the day of the event.

I guess I should have figured this out when we were dating.  We attended a wedding and at the church, RT was telling people that he was going to buy the card on the way to the reception.  I laughed along with his friends and family, thinking he was joking.  In reality, we finished up at the church and then, on the way to the reception, we stopped at a drugstore and purchased a card.

I believe this was just the beginning.

I found out (over the years) that RT likes to shop on Christmas Eve.  He is always willing to run out and get any last minute gifts.  Of course, we wouldn't have this need if we planned our shopping and purchased gifts weeks earlier when there is more of a selection.

My birthday and Mother's Day are always interesting.  RT asks me tons of questions in the morning and then he "suddenly" has to take the kids out to the store.  I'm left at home while they go out and shop for a gift and a card.

I have started letting little hints slip out.  I say things like, "Hey, only one month until my birthday."  or  "Did you know that Mother's Day is this weekend?"

I think my hints have helped a little.  RT is now finishing up his shopping the day before the event.

Anyone else out there a last minute shopper?

No comments:

Post a Comment