Wednesday, January 13, 2016

How to Make Dryer Balls

This is something that I've wanted to try for awhile now.

I'm big on hanging clothes when they come out of the washer.  Well, I do it for two reasons.  One:  It saves energy.  If I can hang them outside, then, it's even better.  Clothes that have dried outside on the line have that fresh clean scent.  And, Two:  I have to hang a lot of clothes so they don't shrink.  I live with the tall people, remember?  It's hard to find clothes for them that are long enough.  So, to keep the length and avoid the fights I just hang a lot of their clothes.

When I do use the dryer, I have been using dryer balls that I purchased and have noticed a significant decrease in dryer use time.  I thought by making my own I could add some essential oils to the dryer balls and have clothes coming out with a nice, clean, fresh scent.

Found the directions on how to make the dryer balls here and decided to try it out.  They are very easy directions to follow.  I used Patons Classic Wool Worsted yarn that I purchased from Michael's.  Gotta love those 40% and 50% off coupons they give you!  I think I paid $2.00 for the yarn and made two dryer balls.  I am currently using them with the other two dryer balls and enjoying lower drying times and scented clothing.


My suggestion would be to make them out of a bright color so that they are easy to find when pulling your clothes out of the dryer.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment