Friday, February 27, 2015

Nutella Cookies

I know I have shared a recipe for Nutella Cookies before on the blog.  Recently, while perusing the Internet, I found this recipe (by accident) and thought I would give it a try.  Who doesn't love Nutella?

By the way, check out that link for Sisters with Aprons for some nice pictures for this recipe.

The dough in this recipe was a little sticky.  I baked some on parchment paper and the rest using my new silicone baking mat (my Christmas present).  < First time breaking it out of the package.  I'm hooked.

By the way,  you can substitute for the butter to make it vegan.  Try Coconut Oil or Avocado (remember my Chocolate Avocado Cookies?).

Nutella Cookies

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar *
1/2 cup dark brown sugar *
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon hazelnut extract (I used vanilla)
1/3 cup Nutella
1/3 cup milk

Mix flour and cocoa in small bowl and set said.
In larger bowl, mix butter and sugars until smooth.
Add the extracts and beat again.  Then add the Nutella.
Add half of the flour mixture.  Add the milk and mix.  Add the rest of the flour mix.
Preheat oven to 325 Degrees.
Roll dough into balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
Use a glass to flatten each cookie slightly.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly crackly on top.  Cool on wire rack.

*I used 1/4 cup sugar

Try them and let me know how you like them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment