Monday, August 11, 2014

Hair

I have been having some issues with my hair. As you know from this post, I have been using castille soap (with a  little water) as my shampoo. Lately, well, since I got my hair chopped off, my hair has been falling out. I read up on hair falling out. Stress can be a factor (if that was the case, than it would have happened 6 months ago). Another reason I found was that some vegetarians don't get enough iron in their diet so they start losing their hair.  Even though I try to make sure I get enough iron, I added an iron supplement to my diet.  Nothing changed.

I read a little online about using Castile soap as shampoo and kept finding people had problems because of the high ph balance. The scalp doesn't like the shock of going from a ph balance of, say, 4, to a ph balance of 8 or 9. One of the things that can happen is Hair falling out.  So, there I am trying to figure out what's best to use for my hair.

I had to wash it today and used a cup of warm water mixed with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (acv). Acv has a low ph balance. 

I am working on what to do next. I have to decide soon. I'll keep you posted on my findings.  

What are your shampoo habits?  Are they causing you any problems?  

No comments:

Post a Comment