Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Making Valentine Cards

My favorite holiday is coming up.

Valentine's Day!

Only 2 more days!  I can't wait!

My kids have always made their valentines.  Some years were fun and others....well, not so much.  I did break down a couple of times over the years with the boys and purchased some cards.  They stopped giving cards around third or fourth grade.  I'm thinking it's a boy thing.

This year, Bella and I have set out to make some fun cards and thought we would share them with you.  We got our ideas from Spoonful.com.  Take a look around the site, they have some great  ideas for Valentine's Day!

Supplies needed:
Paper (red, purple, pink, white, pretty paper)
pencil
scissors
glue stick
googly eyes
markers
glitter, sequins, yarn,

I picked out three valentines that I thought would be fun to make this year.  I made them and then let Bella choose the Valentine she wanted to make for her classmates.

These two Valentines are made out of hearts.  It's best to make a heart template (fold paper in half and draw half a heart and cut out) that you can use.  Especially if you are making a lot of Valentine cards.
"Eye" Valentine and Fish Valentine card


Owl Valentine card














I had to make an owl Valentine to go with our whole owl theme Bella wanted for her birthday.

Bella picked the one she wanted and went to work on making them.  (I helped draw out the hearts and did a little of the cutting) 
(a school of) Fish Valentine Cards
 
All swimmingly ready for Valentine's Day!

1 comment: