Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pallet (he)art

I found this cute Heart pallet wall art here and fell in love.  Rebekah at Somewhere in the Middle made this adorable heart on a mini pallet.  Oh...and she used glitter!  OOOHHH!  (click on the link and you can check it out)

You know how I love hearts and I love red and I just love, love, love Valentine's Day.

So, I had to make one.

Luckily we have a lifetime supply a lot of shims.  We have a box that RT bought for our washing machine (at our first house) when we first got married.  And, it's still full.  I think he used one or two there.  When we moved here, I think he used one with our old washing machine.  Then, somehow he collected a billion some more.  He told me I could use them for anything I wanted.  I didn't think I would ever need or want to use them..... until now.  Enter the Valentine's Day project.




Supplies needed:
shims
paint
paint brush
stencil
hot glue gun
glitter (optional)

It's a pretty simple project.

Paint your shims.  Put shims together.  Use two shims to glue to the back.  (see here for picture).  Attach stencil to shims.  Paint.  Add glitter.  (every thing's better with glitter)





 Heart on a pallet?

A little side note.  Make sure that your stencil is on card board and not paper.  I had a little accident with my paper.  The red paint went through and it looked like my heart was leaking (melting?  breaking?)  I did a quick fix (see picture above) with my white paint.  Maybe when this dries I can post another picture.  I was desperately trying to get this done before Valentine's Day.

If you decide to make one, let me know.

And, if you need any shims, I might be able to find some for you.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment