Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Felt Heart pin/barrette

This is a pretty easy valentine's project.  I made a couple of these, one for Bella and one for myself.  They can be used as a barrette or, how I like to wear mine, as a pin on my shirt.

This craft does require sewing.  You could probably glue the hearts together instead of sewing them.  You can also use different colors of felt, attach sequins or buttons or glitter.  The creative ideas are endless.

Supplies Needed:
felt (I used red for Valentine's Day)
paper
pencil
scissors
pins and a needle
thread (I used embroidery thread)
barrette or hair clip (or pin)
hot glue

Draw a heart on the paper and cut out.  Pin your heart template on to the felt and cut out two hearts.

Pin the two hearts together and start sewing. (or gluing)

Glue your heart to the barrette.

Cut out an extra piece of felt to cover your glue spot (and make it look pretty).










               felt heart clip

And you are done!  Just in time for Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment