Friday, September 18, 2026

Blue Pants

 Growing up, my dad always wore blue pants. In fact, his work or personal "uniform" was blue pants with a white button down short sleeve shirt. Didn't matter what time of year, it was always the same every day. At work. At home. They weren't just an ordinary pair of blue pants. They we're work pants. 

My dad's wardrobe consisted of multiple pairs of these pants and shirts. I guess it made getting ready in the morning easier when you wear the same thing. It also made it easy to find him because you know what he is wearing. I have yet to figure out if this was crazy or pure genius.

It has been hard for me over the years to wear blue pants without thinking they look like work pants. For the longest time, I couldn't even let RT wear navy pants.

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I put on a pair of blue pants. Unknowingly, I grabbed a white t-shirt. When I went downstairs for breakfast I realized I looked like my dad. Well, more like I was dressed like him. RT complimented the pants choice and said, "they look good." I tried to explain that all I see is my dad's clothing choices.

Is there an article of clothing you don't wear because of childhood trauma?

No comments:

Post a Comment