Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Great Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Pumpkins

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Cookies

Pumpkin Spice and everything nice

Have you tried making your own pumpkin puree?  I use the crockpot method.  It's pretty simple and there is nothing like fresh pumpkin puree in your recipes. 

I had a taste for pumpkin recipes and thought I would give these a try.  I made these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins and they disappeared quickly.  Luckily I was able to try a muffin.  I will be making a second batch soon and hope I am able to grab a muffin or two before they disappear.  Wish me luck! 

Here's the recipe:

The Great Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

ingredients:

1 2/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup water

directions:
Oven 350F and grease muffin pan.
In bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.  Set aside.
In separate large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time.  Add pumpkin.
Alternately add dry ingredients and water to bowl, ending with dry ingredients.  Blend well.
Stir in chocolate chips.  Fill muffin cups.  Cook for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  
Let muffins cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  * * * * *

I used my pumpkin puree and the muffins were quite tasty.
I also used less sugar (I used about 2/3 cup of sugar) and they were delicious.

If you try making these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, let me know what you think in the comments below. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment