Monday, August 24, 2020

RT's Wallet (continued)

 I guess I should continue my story about RT and his plastic bag wallet.  If you missed the first installment, click here.

Since RT's wallet was soaked, and took 5 days to dry, he had to find something to use as an interim wallet.  So, he chose a plastic bag.  Oh, and not just any plastic bag.  The plastic bag that he used to hold his wallet and keys on the kayak trip.  Hey!  It was dry and it was available!  He put everything in the bag, zipped it and folded and put it in his pocket.  Bella and I found it quite amusing.  I have to admit, I was impressed.  RT just went with the flow.  Life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

This is where the fun part begins.

Every time RT had to pay for something, he would whip out his wallet  plastic bag.  Bella and I would watch the other person's reaction and laugh.  People would give RT these strange looks.  This entertainment  went on for a week.

When we went out to dinner with Nick, RT went to pull out his credit card.  Nick turned to us and said, "You just let him go around in public like this?  Do you even notice that he is carrying around a plastic bag?  Are you just desensitized to the fact that he is using a plastic bag as a wallet?"  Bella and I glanced at each other and shrugged our shoulders. 

I told Nick that we have experienced RT and the plastic bag wallet for a week and a half and have become used to it and the reactions of other people.  I find it great that he did not make a big deal out of losing / ruining his wallet and did not let it ruin his vacation.  Instead, he embraced the opportunity to make the best of the situation. 

We have been back from vacation for a couple of weeks now and RT is still using the plastic bag for a wallet.  The only comment he has is that the bag is getting holes in it.  He said he either needs a new bag or has to find something else to use as a wallet.

Stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment