Monday, March 2, 2020

The Tile Story

There's this house that I walk past on my usual route.  Back in October we had a really windy day and the back part of the fence on this house fell.

I realize when this happens that it can take a few days to get out there and do something about your fence.  We have experienced it with our fence in the past (Let me tell you, it's a pain when you have a dog).

Several weeks passed and the fence was finally taken off the path and moved from the yard.  In December, some new posts were put in the ground.  They even have some supports around the posts to make sure they stay straight.

It is now March and the posts, with the supports, are still there.  Untouched.

This reminded me of a story.

My Uncle George purchased some tiles for his house (to be put in the kitchen or bathroom).  He left them in the garage.  One day, he brought them in and put them by the furnace.  He told my Aunt that the tiles had to warm up before he could install them.  Two years later, my Aunt asked, "Do you think the tiles have warmed up?"

As I walked by the fence house the other day, I was thinking that the spouse probably looks out at the fence posts and asks, "Do you think the cement has cured on those posts?"

No comments:

Post a Comment