Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Chocolate Chip Blondies

This is the other recipe from a cookbook that I am donating.  It doesn't make sense to me to keep this cookbook for just two recipes.  I think the majority of the time I want to make something, I look up recipes online.  I think it's fun to peruse them online because I can add or subtract what ingredients I want to use when I make my final product.  It makes cooking and baking an adventure for me.  Oh and everyone else, since they never know what their taste buds are in for when they bite into one of my creations.

This recipe is straight from the cookbook.  If you are looking for a vegan version of the Chocolate Chip Blondies, click here.  The vegan version of the recipe uses chick peas and agave syrup.  A great way to sneak in a protein into your sweets.  And, they can be considered healthy, too.

Anyway, here's the recipe that I promised:

Chocolate Chip Blondies

ingredients:
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

directions:
In large bowl, combine brown sugar, butter eggs and vanilla until blended.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Add to brown sugar mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Spread into greased 13x9x2 baking dish.

Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack.

 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I usually use half the amount of brown sugar and it still tastes sweet.

Sorry for posting two recipes in a row.  Look at the bright side!  I get to donate this cookbook now!  You saved my kids from having to do it.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment