Monday, December 5, 2016

Burnt Toast

I'm sure I have blogged about my toast making abilities.  If not, let me refresh your memory.  I'm really good at burning the toast.  It doesn't matter what setting I put the toaster on, it ends up burning my toast.

I don't like "bready" toast.  Yea.  That's a thing.  It's when the bread is still soft and bready-like.  I like my bread toasted.  Where it crunches when you bite into it.

Apparently our toaster is out to get me.  It burns my toast.  Some days it is worse than others..I can usually scrape some of the burnt part off.  The bad days are when there is very little left after a scraping.

The kids seem to be aware of this talent of mine.  When I make them breakfast and offer to make toast,  before saying anything, they pause and then say, "No, thank you."  or, "I'll make my own toast."

I really think it's the toaster.  I have no problem cooking fancy meals or baking desserts, but, when it comes down to making toast, I fail every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment