Sunday, October 22, 2023

My Weird Dog - Forgotten

 I woke up at 2am the other night and thought I heard my weird dog, Pippen, barking.  It sounded like he was really far away.  I thought I might still be sleeping and dreaming of him barking.  I was a little shaken and decided to get out of bed and investigate. 

To my surprise I found him wagging his tail and staring at me on the other side of the sliding glass door.  I let him inside.  The poor guy's fur was standing up and he was a little miffed he was left outside.  It was all RT's fault...or at least that is what I told Pippen.   

Side note:  Pippen loves being outside and it wasn't really that cold.  He just likes curling up in his bed at night (or on the carpet by my side of the bed).

Today is National Make a Dog's Day.  A day set aside to give all dogs the best day of their lives. It also encourages to adopt, not shop.  If you already have a dog, how about showing some love with an extra walk or a special treat.  Maybe a visit to a dog park.  

Of course we will be observing #MakeADogsDay by going on a walk, extra treats (maybe even some green beans), fur hugs and even remembering to bring the pooch inside at night.

P.S. No harm was done to Pippen.  He is happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment