We don't have a lot of shopping options in my small town. The big name stores we do have: Meijer, Walmart, Hobby Lobby and Marshalls. We just got the Marshalls about eight months ago. It was a real big deal for us.
The local Walmart is on the small side and is definitely third world (it's a little shady). You usually can find what you need. If you can't find it, you probably don't need it. Or someone thinks you will be fine without it.
I made a quick run to our shady local Walmart. I had to pick up a few things. I made it through self checkout (I had a great cashier) and was heading for the exit. At this time, I am approached by security the greeter asking to see my receipt for my white vinegar purchase. Maybe that's a high steal item around here? I don't know. I hand over the receipt and tell him it's the last item I scanned. There are probably five or six items on my receipt so it shouldn't be difficult to find the white vinegar. In the meantime, a friend of mine comes up to me and we start talking. I realize the sheriff greeter is struggling to find my white vinegar. I go through my bags and show him all the items that I purchased (still while talking to my friend). My friend realizes the stressful situation and says goodbye. I finally take the receipt from the sheriff and point to the last item that says, "Wht Vinegar" (aka white vinegar). I'm not sure if that registered with him, but he did give up on me.
I think the sheriff was upset he wasn't able to bust me on my white vinegar. Let's be serious, if I'm going to steal, which I'm not, but if I was to steal, I don't think it would be a $3.00 gallon of white vinegar.
Small town life. You gotta love it.
Would you steal a gallon of white vinegar?
No comments:
Post a Comment