Monday, June 10, 2024

Waffles (vegan)

Waffles are a family favorite over here.  Found this recipe (and made it vegan).  Definitely a crowd pleaser!


Donkey:  Can I stay with you, please?
Shrek: Of course.
Donkey:  Really?
Shrek:  No.
Donkey:  Please!!  I don't want to go back there.  You don't know what it's like to be considered a freak.  Well, maybe you do.  That's why we have to stick together.  You gotta let me stay!  Please!  Please!
Shrek: OK.  OK.  But one night only.
Donkey:  Great!  We can stay up late, swapping manly stories and in the morning, I'm making waffles!


Waffles (vegan)

Ingredients:
2 eggs*
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cup oat milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla

Warm up your waffle iron.
In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together. 
Pour some batter into waffle iron and cook till brown and crisp.


*I use either a flax egg (1 TBSP ground flax and 3 TBSP water) or aquafaba.
* I add some ground flax and cinnamon to the batter.
*I freeze the leftover waffles.  Easy to warm up in toaster or toaster oven.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment