Friday, April 24, 2020

Soft Ginger Cookies

I have been doing quite a bit of cooking and baking the last month and I'm thinking about creating a link on the blog and call it Quarantine Cooking and Baking Recipes.  Of course I will only put recipes on it that I have made during the quarantine, making sure to include all of the ones that disappeared quickly.

Cookies were requested and I decided to make these Soft Ginger Cookies.  I know, Ginger Cookies are usually made around Christmas time, but, I'm the one baking the cookies and I love Ginger Cookies!  Luckily we had some Molasses on hand.  Although, I'm pretty sure it's easy to get your hands on a jar.  I don't think anyone is hoarding molasses at the moment. 

Here's the recipe:

Soft Ginger Cookies

ingredients:
1 cup softened butter
1 3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 large egg
1/3 cup molasses
2 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 TBSP cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
sugar to coat outside of cookies

directions:
Oven to 350F.  Line cookie sheet with silicone baking mat (parchment paper works, too)
Cream butter and sugars.  Add in egg and molasses.
Mix dry ingredients into a separate bowl.  Pour into wet ingredients and mix.
Scoop out cookie dough (about 1 TBSP) and roll into a ball.  Roll into raw sugar and place onto cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Let sit for a few minutes on cookie sheet before moving them to a cooling rack.
Store uneaten cookies in an airtight container.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*I used half the amount of sugar and they came out delicious!
*I use a cookie scoop (think old time ice cream scoops) to measure out the dough.  Makes cookie making so much easier.
*and, yes, that is 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon.
*notice I said to store uneaten cookies....that is if there are any cookies remaining after they have been cooled.  Yes.  They are that good.

If you make these Soft Ginger Cookies, let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment