Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Vegan Diaries - Angel Hair Pasta with Puttanesca Sauce

I have been trying to find some new recipes to make for the family.  I know they always tell me that they are happy with me making the same meals over and over again.  They want to make it easy and they get to have the meals that they love.  Unfortunately, I get a little bored eating the same things every week.   So, I did a little digging on Pinterest for some inspiration for vegan meals.  I've found some really great recipes (and some really not so great recipes).

I found this recipe for Angel Hair Pasta with Puttanesca Sauce  here and I couldn't wait to try it out on the family.  It looked really easy to make (almost too easy) and the pictures were making my mouth water.   I was a little nervous.  Alex really wanted just plain pasta with marinara sauce.  I had to convince him that this would be a lot tastier than the usual marinara.   I made some garlic bread and a nice salad to compliment the meal and am pleased to say that it was a success!

Please note the simple ingredient list and quick the directions.  This meal can be on your table in no time!

Here's the recipe:

Angel Hair Pasta with Puttanesca Sauce

ingredients:
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup capers
2/3 cup olives, pitted
28oz diced tomatoes
1 TBS paprika
crushed red pepper (optional)

directions: 
Heat olive oil in large pot.  Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.  Add the olives, capers and diced tomatoes.  (Optional:  Add crushed red pepper, salt and pepper)

Simmer with lid on for ten minutes.  Stir frequently.

Add 1/2 lb cooked angel hair pasta and mix until covered.


* I added some crushed red pepper and it gave it a nice zing.
*I used Kalamata pitted black olives.  I bet green olives would be great with this dish.

Let me know if you give the Puttanesca Sauce a try!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment