Monday, October 8, 2018

Pens

I'm not sure I have mentioned my obsession with pens.  I know I have put pens in a group of things that I am thankful for.  Without pens, I couldn't write my blog posts.  Well, I could just type them out on the computer like a normal person.  That would be very difficult for me to try to do.  I'm not sure why I feel the need to write out my posts long hand.  I guess back in the stone ages, when we wanted to write something, we used pen and paper.  I feel it's much more satisfying writing things out long hand.

If I'm out and about and I see nice pens, I drool  like to look at them and even consider buying them.  The bright colors or cool styles.  I wonder what it's like to use such pens.  Do they write nice and smooth?  What do the colors look like?  But, then reality sets in and I realize I have a lot of pens at home that I should use first before buying some nice, new ones.  Of course, the ones I have at home are the bad hotel ones that you get for free.  I don't think I have ever had a really nice hotel pen.  Thanks to my parents, they have supplied me with a million quite a few of these pens.  I am nearing the end of my supply, though (Oh, happy day!).

The pens come in along with the writing, obviously,  A good pen goes a long way.  By the way, this pen I'm using to write this post is going in the garbage when I'm finished.  It's about to run out of ink and doesn't flow nicely.

A wise person once said:  Life is too short to use a bad pen.

OK.  Maybe I just said it.  It's true, though.  Look at all of the fun color inks that are out there.  If you get a nice pen that writes easily, you are a lot happier, you will write more and you will live longer.

Alright, maybe not that last one.  How about:  you will live a much happier life with nice pens.

No comments:

Post a Comment