Monday, July 30, 2018

Making Ice Cream at Work

A couple of weeks ago I was given the job to make ice cream with a group of kids.  I was quite excited.  I mean, who doesn't like ice cream, right?

The directions were taken from Pinterest and all of the supplies were provided.  This is one of those fun activities that we do during the month at work.  This one happened to fall on National Ice Cream Day.

I did get to try out the activity at home.  Bella helped me.  I do have to say that not all Pinterest finds are a success.  Unfortunately, it was decided to do the activity as is and not find another recipe that is easy and will work.

My first group arrived and I had one mom who was a trooper and helped out.  Getting her kids to work the bags so they can make their ice cream.  The other mom wasn't paying attention, and neither were her kids.  So, the one group had actual ice cream and the other group of kids didn't.  I'm sure you can figure out how this all happened.

The next group that came in was great.  Luckily one girl made ice cream at the library with a similar recipe so, she was my star pupil.   Since my excitement about this whole task fizzled after the first group (the kids that didn't listen), my I put my star pupil to work.  The ice cream came out ok for this group.

Again.  Rethinking the whole job thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment