Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Christmas Gift

I'm not sure if I mentioned the toaster that I received for Christmas this year. 

Yes, very romantic, I know.  You should be jealous.  Not everyone gets a toaster for Christmas.

Our old toaster was going.  You had to run the bread through a few times to get it to toast the bread.  (so much for toast in a hurry)  The old toaster had four slots.  It came in handy at all of those wild toast parties we had at our house.  (The police were always being called.  Sigh.  I'm going to miss those "crumb-y" times)  It was big, bulky and a storage hog.  Sad to say that things like toasters are not built to last very long.  I received this toaster as a Christmas gift less than ten years ago.

My new toaster only has two slots.  It has seriously cut down on our toast socializing.  It is a lot smaller and very easy to store.  You only have to run the bread through one cycle in order for it to toast, unless you're like "some people" me  who like it REALLY toasted.  

One day, after having the toaster for a month (I don't eat toast that often, but, make it for others in the house) I realized that it had a feature that will lift the toast higher so you don't burn your fingerprints off.  How convenient!  No more burnt fingers.  It only took me a month to realize this feature.

Recently (so, now, six weeks since I've had my gift) I noticed that it has a retractable cord.  (yea, I'm all about noticing all of the features of my gifts.  I study my gifts and know every little inch of them.)  At first I thought I could push the cord in a little.  I was later told by RT that the cord is, in fact, retractable.  Apparently it's something I should have known when I got the toaster.

Maybe I will have to keep a better grip on my gifts so they don't pulled out of the box, placed on the counter begging me to be used.  Meanwhile, the box and paperwork are being recycled before anyone gets to look at them.

I'll keep you posted if I figure out any more features.  Be patient.  It might take me awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment