Saturday, April 7, 2012

I have been witnessed

Apparently the door bell rang and Alex answered it.  He comes running into the office to tell me that "Aunt Bea is at the door."  I immediately think it is RT's Aunt Bea and am wondering why she would drive all the way out here from Chicago by herself?  (and not call us first?)  Seems odd. 

I make my way to the door, which is wide open.  They must have left "Aunt Bea" outside.  (such good manners that we have)  I look and it  is not Aunt Bea but a Jehovah's Witness.  She was there to tell me the good news.  Unfortunately, she does not believe in the trinity (three in one, God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit).  I'm not sure if Easter is a big holiday for them? 


I did not want to start a long discussion with her (discussing the Trinity and Jesus life, etc).  I let her say her peace.  It's good that people are out there spreading God's word, promoting the Bible.  Especially if they look like Aunt Bea.

"Aunt Bea" said her peace, I wished her well and she went on her way.  I closed the door and walked up to the kitchen.  From around the corner I hear RT, my knight in shining armor, who is always there to save me.  Apparently he was hiding out in the family room.  He said, "Is she gone?"