Friday, July 31, 2026

Get Rid of Your Shi#

Recently I posted about give something away day, a day set aside to share a little of yourself and all of your life extras hanging around your home.

I finally got a hold of the book, "Nobody Wants your Sh*t: The art of decluttering before you die." I'm always up for a decluttering, organizing, minimalist book, article or podcast. This one sounded like it had a humorous side. After clearing out both my parents and my in-laws house I don't want to leave too much stuff for my children to wade through after we die. 

There is a book out there about Swedish Death Cleaning. Basically, decluttering your house by getting rid of stuff so it's not a burden to your loved ones. It will also make your life and home easier for you to manage. 

When we moved (the big move out of state) I got rid of a lot of stuff. I was accused of not being sentimental. Just for the record, I do keep a few things that mean something to me, but I'm not going to keep EVERYTHING I have accumulated during my entire life time (can you imagine?). I feel some items come into your life (either by purchase or inheritance) and are not all meant to be kept forever. I realized after that big move, I should have let go of more stuff. Luckily (or unluckily) I moved again within a year and a half of that big move and I now had another home full of stuff to make disappear.

We are down to the last of the boxes and some really hard decisions need to be made (tossing stuff). You have the non-sentimental person in one corner and the sentimental person in another corner. I'm not sure if this is going to work. Prayers for my marriage are being accepted at this time.

Have you gone through the process of a death cleaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment